View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 07:29 PM
Emlily Ell.is

bnorth, the book I have only has a high and low BV. It's the annual vintage book that comes out. So that's why I go off of.

cozumeleno, I could see doing that for a couple of the bigger cards/stars or for graded. But I don't deal in graded, it's all raw. Plus, I'm pricing a couple of thousands of cards for an upcoming show. So don't want to take the hours upon hours to check out each $5 BV card to see what it sells for. Would rather just throw them all in a $1 box or a $2 box, etc.

x2drich2000, thanks for the help. That Aaron was the first big vintage card I bought after getting into vintage about 4-5 months, and I was told it was in Ex condition.

It does have a very small surface issue on the left side just under the word Braves. The seller said it didn't go all the way through the card, so it's not technically a crease. It's more an indentation or a bend. I know it also has some soft corners and is off centered.

That's why I listed it as VG and at $28. I figured someone might throw that for a VG condition card that books for $120. But still learning, and I've been trying tto learn since picking up my first vintage card about 4 months ago. It seems vintage is a lot tougher to sell/trade/move and figure up condition than modern ever was.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.