View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 04:06 PM
Emlily Ell.is

Good to know. Right now I've been buying Ex or better (or trying to buy that condition) from the late 1950s-mid 1970s. I've been trying to decide which year(s) I wanted to build sets from.

Then I was told at my LCS that the 70s cards are worthless no matter the grade and to focus on 50s-1965. So, that's kind of what I've been doing. That's why I decided against finishing the 71 set (had about half) and 74 set (had about 610 different).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
As long as you buy it right, and have fun doing it, you will be ok. Use realized prices on ebay, and wherever else, as to what the market is especially for those low-mid grade Topps cards. When I first started setting up at shows a few years ago I bought a lot of groups of those average 50s-60s Topps in many different places. Sometimes I did pretty good and other times not so much. I probably still have 4000-5000 just hanging out behind me in a corner.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.