View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 05:18 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfan View Post
As is with everything. I've been trying to pick up lots here and there. Found a few for like 15-20% of BV. I'm not really into moving it quite fast. I don't even mind losing money (like I did with the 66T Aaron). I just go back and forth on what I want to do. Part of collecting I guess.

For instance, my uncle used to have a set of 1962T baseball, and I loved, loved, loved looking at that set. Well I decided in November to try and build one of those. Thinking about giving up on it now. I've been working on it for 4 months and am not even halfway through with it, and it's driving me nuts. I'm a sprinter. I like to finish stuff now if not quicker. I can't stand that it takes months to put a set together.

But like I said, I've been trying to buy lots for good prices (15-20% of BV) just to see what I want to try and build. I'm up to a decent amount of 59s, 61s and 63s. So maybe one of those will be my next quest. With that in mind, I might just put the 62s in the closet for now and try to work on something else.

Always evolving. Guess I'm weird like that.
I think mid-grade post war cards will always have a place as the gateway drug to vintage collecting.

From what I'm hearing, I would put selling on the back burner for now and just collect whatever catches your eye for a while to get a feel for the hobby and market. It sounds like right now you're the anxious bull calf at the top of the bluff trying to convince his dad to run down into the valley to f*** one of the cows. That said, if you're ok with losing some money and learning some hard lessons, then by all means keep up your current pace.