View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 05:55 PM
Emlily Ell.is

Yea, as I said, I try to build something. If I can't do it in a few months, I think about selling. But with the 62s, I just stuck them in the closet tonight. It'll be that way with other sets too. Some day I might pull them back out and add some to it and slowly chip away. But I've been buying lots to get a feel for what I like.

As far as losing money, that only happened on the Aaron. I was told it was Ex, and that's why I lost money. Obviously, it wasn't and was more like VG to VG-Ex.

Anyway, I'm overall happy with where my collection is at. But I've gotten a lot of good advice on this thread, which is kind of what I need at this point in my collecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
I think mid-grade post war cards will always have a place as the gateway drug to vintage collecting.

From what I'm hearing, I would put selling on the back burner for now and just collect whatever catches your eye for a while to get a feel for the hobby and market. It sounds like right now you're the anxious bull calf at the top of the bluff trying to convince his dad to run down into the valley to f*** one of the cows. That said, if you're ok with losing some money and learning some hard lessons, then by all means keep up your current pace.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.