View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Administrator

Default E90-1 Series Mystery solved?

Posted By: Joe D.

"What is so unusual about rounded "die cut" corners ?

That's was done in 1947 with the Bond Bread cards in order to fit them in the bread loaf packages."

Ted....

... I don't think I called round cornering 'unusual'.... but since you mentioned it - Round cornering would be unusual for this size and shape card during this particular era. Agreed? I mean are there any other 1910 cards that look T206-ish in shape but have round corners?

... What I did say was round cornering is slower and more expensive. And if someone was to theorize round cornering it would raise the question 'why'. You mention your Bond Bread cards were round cornered to fit into packaging... that sure is an answer to 'why' for Bond Bread - but since we have straight cut, right angle corners for these same cards - I don't think the 'fit in packaging' argument can be made here.

... Look at your Bond Bread cards, or look at 1968 Topps Game cards. The round cornering is obvious. I have to repeat.... the best evidence would be a pristine card with pristine round cornering. All of these examples are worn - making them terrible examples to prove or disprove the round cornering. Find a card that looks like a near mint example with near mint round corners - and then you have some compelling evidence.