View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Count me in as one who hates to see things slabbed. Now, that may be because my collection is like a black hole...nothing ever leaves so I'm not worried about the resale value, but also I just don't like the look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Soooooo, just so we're clear...I'm going to probably be charged a premium price to purchase a slabbed and graded photo, then take it out of the slab because it looks ugly. And then, if I want to resell it somewhere down the line, I'll either be charged to reslab it or take less for it because it's not slabbed? Somewhere down the line this hobby jumped the shark.

Well Mike. PSA's slabs have NOT been released as of yet and the one shown earlier on this thread is NOT the kind they will use for their photos. So 'we really don't know what they will look like yet.

Also...PSA will NOT be grading photos, only authenticating them.

Regarding cutting them out of their holders, my intention was to say that if you don't like they way they look, simply cut them out.

I'm also confused as earlier you said "my collection is like a black hole...nothing ever leaves so I'm not worried about the resale value" so it shouldn't have any effect on you regardless. In closing, I would think that for you, it's best if you just buy raw photos and save yourself from the headaches.

Best, Jimmy