View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 12:54 AM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Those are some neat ideas. I sent the checklists to Ueberroth and included a Sharpie. He signed all in rapid fashion but like you, he signed the backs. I considered resending with sticky notes on the back to indicate to sign the other side.

I like the Maz idea on the Clemente TBTC. He's not terribly hard to get and there's a strong connection there.

I really like the idea of the HOF guys from that year. Too bad I never thought of that while Catfish and Dandridge were alive. That would've been a neat solution for half of the 6 checklists.

I started collecting in '86 so I'm pretty knowledgeable on the set, who the toughies are, variations of signatures (I have the rookie era Big Mac sig as well), etc. I never focused on completing the set but as I've collected over the years I've gotten 500+ different done, so I thought I'd try to see how close I could get without putting a ton of effort into it. I'll probably never pay up for Dick Howser, and I know Ricky Wright is next to impossible. Even the ones that have sold for prices far beyond what I'd be willing to pay have questionable authenticity. It's a great set though and brings me back to my early days in the hobby.

Thanks for the input!

Last edited by dgo71; 01-20-2019 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Typos