View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 03:19 AM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Default Lou Brock

Lou Brock did an appearance in the town I was living in when I was about 8-9 years old... I remember him throwing us grounders and giving us pointers on the game... At the end of the day he gave all the kids a miniature glove that he signed... Probably the first and definitely one of the nicest professional athletes I have ever met.

I have actually met quite a few over the years, mostly because of my work. Couple quick stories...

Dan Marino. Super cool guy, I was 13 or so and he started a conversation with me.

Barry Bonds. I have met him numerous times and I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. I know he's not HOF, but one of the biggest names I have met.

Jack Lambert. I worked up the nerve to ask him if I could shake his hand... I never ask for autos or handshakes when I am working but I couldn't resist. He shook my hand and I gushed, 'Thanks, Now I can tell my grandkids I met Jack Ham and Jack Lambert!!' He said 'Oh yea? Where did you meet the Hammer?' I told him the story and we ended up talking for about five minutes.

Norv Turner. Waaaay off board I know but the guy is genuinely awesome. Had to give him some props in a world filled with a lot of jerks. Trust me, I left a lot of negative stories out.