View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 08:36 AM
Ed Woelfle

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I am not sure how charging $25 dollars for shipping then having your pkg show up in a $7 envelope equates, but I guess some are OK with that it seems.
Agreed, and that’s part of the point of the original post. Someone else noted as well. I recalled their packaging used to be far more secure. Really disappointing to see it show up in a basic flat rate USPS cardboard envelope.

The other part of the issue was I did not have the option to star grade shipping cost, it was given an automatic five stars. This wasn’t five stars and really was a bad experience, but eBay took that option to leave feedback away here. First time I’ve seen that for anyone unless it’s free shipping. Perhaps a unique benefit to PWCC since they do so much business through eBay? Given that, I really couldn’t see eBay charging them extra if they fall below 4.8, I guess this is one way to ensure that doesn’t happen

And I get it’s not 1984 and shipping costs have gone up. I don’t begrudge anyone charging actual shipping costs factoring in labor, materials, etc. but let’s be real here – some/many also see this as an open territory to overcharge as they wish. It’s really not governed and a great opportunity for you to pad your bottom line. That’s really what PWCC (and others) are doing here. We could go back-and-forth all day on insurance, costs, overhead, etc. but the bottom line is this is seen as a revenue stream. For many of the AH’s as well - I’m sure you all love getting your two cards, $500 value along w/a $29 shipping excuse/box.

It is what it is and it’s not going to stop me from looking at PWCC listings and doing business with them – but I will also factor that into any bid/consideration. Whether that has an a real effect, who knows and for most, who cares. Although obviously less competition means better prices. As a consignor or potential consignor though, that’s something I would at least think about. One reason I have not consigned anything with Mile High or Memory Lane for example (they are amongst the highest buyer premiums and shipping rates) I guess it leaves the question of your consignment take with PWCC and has it gone up accordingly since these changes ... or just their own bottom line?

Last edited by Edwolf1963; 10-12-2018 at 08:44 AM.