View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 05:29 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Well I never heard back from him at all, so it's clear who was yanking who's chain. Maybe he thought I was going to sell him a $500 card for $60.

Next time I receive a version of "what's the best you can do" I will do exactly what was suggested above. "Make a bid." That's the process, and not throwing the ball back in the seller's court.
I think you did just fine, just next time don't feel obligated to put a time limit with your offer. Best Offers made through eBay's automated system have an automatic 48-hour expiration. There are also automated messages and warnings too buyers warning that in essence state that the only way to guarantee they get the item is to click But It Now. Until then, someone else can fairly purchase the item per eBay's rules.

Personally, I get a little annoyed with the "What's the lowest price you'll take?" messages on items for which I have Best Offer enabled. That's what the BO feature is for. My favorite response for these tire-kickers is, "That depends. What's the most you would pay?"