View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Default O/T autographed ball value question

Posted By: Rhys

I have bought and sold a ton of stuff in this area and to be completely honest with you $800 is probably a touch high for that ball, but within the range of an acceptable retail price. If anyone is getting the better end of the deal, its your Dad. It is true that Mantle is between $500-$1000 on a certified single signed ball, but multisigned stuff with him on it can be as low as $200 even in good shape if the other signatures are not anything special. Since it has a bunch of other nicer signatures on it, $800 is all right, but I would bet my right arm it would go for less than that on ebay or even in a bigger auction, even with a nice cert from PSA/DNA or Jimmy Spence.

It could be worth $800 if it were a vintage ball with beautiful signatures. It is worth less than $800 if the ball is a 1980's ball. It is absolutely worth less if the ball is anything but very nice. Multi-signed stuff is not worth nearly what single signed items are

I have a 1970's Old Timers ball with 28 sigs including Satchel Paige, Joe DiMaggio, Walter Alston, Stan Musial and lots of other Hall of Famers and stars on it which is very beautiful. I would sell in a heartbeat for $500 and it is nicer than the ball you described. It is just tough with multisigned items, but $800 is not outrageous; just a touch higher than retail.

Rhys Yeakley