View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Michael S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUM301 View Post
Good times that`s for sure. Wow, that was one hell of a game seven last nite. Sox are the hottest team in MLB, Pats will be as tough as ever and the C`s will pull something off to stay in title contention. Being old enough to remember the last cup in 1972 I always tell younger sports fan in this area the same thing. It doesn`t matter how many S Bowls the Pats and Brady win, W Series the Sox take, or Titles the celts add to their league leading amount, there will NEVER be a bigger more popular or beloved player in New England than # 4 Robert Gordon Orr. The only way I can put it for fans that never saw him is, he was Jordan before Jordan came along. Go Bruins !!!! PS Hail The Chief #9
You said it! Well put. I was 12 when the Bruins last won the cup and I thought I would see plenty more to come. Well, I am 50+ and still waiting. Maybe this year. I kept my scrapebook of the 71-72 team and this is the last page of the scrapebook. 5/10/70 still the greatest moment of my sports life although 2/3/02 when the Pats won SB 36 is right behind it. Red Sox in 04 is third on the list.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Orr Cup 71-72.jpg (71.4 KB, 106 views)