View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
Jimmy,
Just for you . I posted this before Only one that I know of Munsons 1977 World Series Jersey used in game 2,5,6 of the 77 series game 6 was the Jackson 3 HR game. Photo matched by one of our board members Brock L Thanks Brock !
I remember that day Al. Brock found those photos and between the two of you, you guys photo matched your jersey! Now Al... how about coughing up a Gehrig photo? I'm sick, Al. I need a fix. Please Al, sell me a Gehrig photo...PLEASE AL... I GOTTA HAVE ONE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis O'Brien View Post
This is most likely his first adventure into the world of finance. The account was opened 11/12/47 with a deposit of 25 cents and a dozen more within 6 months ranging from 5 cents to $3.90.
The Dizzy/Cardinals pin looks great!
I just love this kind of piece, Dennis! Kenny could have been a great one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehse View Post
How can a guy compete with Munson game jerseys and the rest of the stuff posted here? That Cubs pennant is killer as is everything else that has been posted.

I have shown this before but the only one of a kind item I have (except for the two others I sold 20+ years ago which I am sure are cut up now) is a 1954 Cubs spring training sign up sheet that is signed by the whole team. The players had to sign this to receive their weekly meal money. Included on this sheet is a rookie Ernie Banks and some guy named Kiner.

I obtained this from the files of the former team traveling secretary Bob Lewis when his files were tossed back in the early 80's.

What a sweet "Ernest" Banks Rookie Year Signature! And Andrew, this isn't the Registry. No competition here, especially on one of a kind items!

These two photos come from the Christy Walsh Family. Walsh pioneered the Sports Agent and Business Manager Services for Professional Athletes.

He was also a cartoonist and hand lettered both the 1927 & 1928 World Series Promotional Photos that he used in his self-published Autobiography entitled "Adios to Ghost" which documented his 20 year run heading up the Christy Walsh Syndicate, which paired great Ballplayers, and Managers up with popular scribes of the day to write their column commenting on each year's World Series games.

And the bonus here is the cool Ruth cartoon that Walsh penned as a gift to a Col. Stanley Grogan.

1927walshworldseriescropped.jpg1928walshworldseriescropped.jpg

031.jpgAdiosToGhost-1.jpg

AdiosToGhost-2.jpg