Thread: Depressing
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Mantle signed a ton; certain auto’d cards of his are worth quite a bit. The people who own the supers and gold auto XRCs of the likes of Trout and any other future longterm stars are certainly holding assets. To try and lump all auto’d modern cards together is a bit supercilious. Just enjoy whatever you collect without looking down at other collectors and their choices. And if you’re going to insist on taking such pot shots, please consider augmenting/tempering the opinion you’re so quick to type with knowledge and experience in the area you are slighting.
I've been enjoying your comments on this thread. Keep 'em up! It's so elitist to look at pre-war/vintage as a higher standard of collecting that newer collectors should attain to. I really enjoy buying $40-50 boxes, opening them, then give the Orioles to my son and sell the rest. It's an enjoyment that pre-war can't provide for me. In my experience, modern collectors are very enthusiastic regarding vintage cards. Wish they were afforded the same respect.

Last edited by Orioles1954; 04-16-2018 at 11:20 AM.