View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Default Question on Porcello 2008 Donruss Threads rainbows

Hi everyone,

I wanted to pose this question to the modern collectors as I did something back in 2008-9 and now I don't know what to do with it.

I used to have a thing that each year I added auto rookies of any draft picks or free agents that were picked up by the Tigers or Lions. I fell off that as I felt it was a waste about 5 years ago. However, when the 2008 Threads Diamond Kings came out with Rick Porcello I really went to town as I liked the cards.

For the DK10 card I have the only complete rainbow in the world.
This includes the base card, all limited base, all frames, all materials, all auto materials, all autos and the 1/1 card.

For the DK57 card I have a complete rainbow except the 1/1.

Now that Rick has been traded and not on the Tigers, I could care less. I could dig through piles to get these and each rainbow is at least 25 different cards. Does having a complete rainbow add real value? Should it be sold complete?

This was cool for my OCD to hunt for and assemble, but it's just stuff now.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.