Thread: Shanus-REA suit
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 07:41 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Facts vs. beliefs

Ironically one of the most powerful statements I have ever read:

In the face of facts contrary to ones beliefs many people ignore or throw out the facts in order to hold onto their beliefs.

Soooo, let's say RL and REA did exactly what they were found guilty of (albeit in civil court), how does that affect everyone today? What are the options I as a collector have to react to it?

I suspect there is a lot more problems from "funny business" to fraud happening all the time than is made public or found out.

For many years I didn't bid with an auction house that a good friend told me were regular shillers. I missed out on a lot of great stuff and bid with other more reputable houses (later found to be shilling - Mastro as one shining example).

Today I try to give myself the best opportunity to bid without being shilled - as often as possible, I snipe and I never bid more than I am comfortable paying.

I am heartened to see people choosing to do the wrong thing held to various degrees of accountability and support their being "outed" in our community.

It's a sad reality that has been stated before, when there is money to be made, there will be people trying to take the "easy road".