View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 11:41 AM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123
I'm sorry but I believe your story is a load of crap. It's a little too ironic that you were "offered" two autographs that appear on a regular basis on the Coaches Corner website and chose to come here (seeing you just joined this month) to ask an opinion.

They are fake and if you were trying to get someone to give you an approval, then purchase the ball there and try to resale here or somewhere else, then you shouldn't bother sticking around.
Sorry, but your story and the irony is just too fishy for me.
Best of luck on eBay.

James, you might have a point here.

Maybe I am a skeptic, and I do not have as many posts as many of you do, but it seems like this topic gets broached every month or so. A poster with low post numbers or is a new member posts a message about a Ruth or Gehrig ( most commonly them and curiously not other HoFers in that category such as Johnson , Cobb, Wagner etc..) autographed baseball that is available to him exclusively at a great price , or is available at auction. After our opinion is solicited and the name Coach's Corner Auctions comes up the poster suddenly asks all types of questions about CCA , in fact they seeem to follow a set question format/ script claiming lack of knowledge about CCA and then wanting to know all about them...including names, etc...and the site's opinions about them. The only difference is that the OP has a purported COA, unsigned albeit, from Barry Halper; this seems to be a new twist to the story, and now will these Halper letters start to proliferate through the hobby.
If this OP is for real, and I have concerns, but he needs to begin to educate himself about such things. Yes , Net 54 is and its members are a great resource but people need to do some work on their own also.
I do not mean to sound rude but these "fishing" posters need some legs to stand on before posting this stuff, or am I just frustrated that CCA continues in this manner.
Sorry the copy/paste didn't work, it became a quote instead.

Last edited by Klrdds; 02-01-2015 at 11:43 AM. Reason: correct error