View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 05:37 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Ty Cobb Photo.......sorta signed.........

I've moved a few times and finally was able to locate this 8x10 B&W photo of Ty Cobb. Thought I might have lost it but here it is! I was in high school and attended the inductions in the early 1980s. Maybe 1984 or near there I was told Jim Cobb was playing golf (Ty Cobb's then 60 something year old son). I met him on a Friday, talked to him and asked him if he would sign a photo of his dad. He said yes and that he was playing on Saturday so I bought a Cobb photo in one of the card shops on Main Street and patiently waited most of the day at the same hole. Thats really how you do it there to insure you get everyone that is playing. Stay put and be patient. He came through and signed this photo "To Mike, This is my Dad, Jim Cobb"! I was thrilled!
The only issue is the photo seems to be bleeding or breaking down. Almost metallic look to it surrounding the auto and around the borders of things in the photo. I've seen this before but not sure what the correct term is? Regardless, its a very cool item with some great memories of Cooperstown tied in. Just wanted to share.

Peace, Mike

DSCN1780.jpg

Last edited by vthobby; 03-13-2017 at 05:39 PM.