View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 01:33 PM
Buddy Wi11:rich
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I still think baseball has the most demanding schedule and is the most demanding on the body.

Starters will play 162 games. In hockey there are line changes and they only play half as many games. Premium position players like catcher, shortstop, center field are all elite athletes. It's not just a bunch of guys standing around.

I do think there is something to the points being raised about weight lifting. And I also think there is something to be said for guys who aren't truly pitchers, but are out there throwing as hard as they can. Or throwing the wrong pitch too often.
Line changes are CONSTANT in hockey. They don't sit on the benches very long before they're up and back on the ice. If you gonna sit here and say baseball is a more grueling sport, you're gonna lose that argument EVERY single time. You must think golf is pretty "grueling" as well, haha.

I played hockey from 6 years old to early twenties on a semi pro league. Played baseball from 4 until 18........they're not even close to being compared on their effects on the body, not even close. I enjoyed the constant 15-20 min. rests in the dugout while we were batting. Then got my "exercise" once every 45 min running after a pop fly, lol. Conversely my whole body was beaten after one game playing hockey.

There's a reason they call the Stanley Cup "The hardest trophy to win in sports".