View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 06:13 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Default OT: baseball-reference.com link to player uniforms

Where is it on the page?

Before their makeover, baseball-reference.com had a link on each player's page that would take you to a page showing a compilation of all the uniform styles that player would have worn based on the years and teams they played for. The uniform images were from the Hall of Fame's Dressed to the Nines online exhibit, which in turn uses primarily images from Mark Okkonen's uniform research. It was (hopefully is?) a very handy way to help date photographs where you know the player, but need to narrow the date range based on the uniform style he is wearing.

Well, I can't find the link any longer on the baseball-reference.com page. Perhaps it's still there, as they have a lot of expandable menus that are collapsed by default on the player's page. Anyone know how to get to what I'm talking about? Is that crossover information no longer available directly from the baseball-reference.com site?

I can always go directly to the Hall of Fame's site, but the summary of years and teams by player is often much more useful for this type of research than having to input the team and date range being looked for on the HOF's site, especially for players who jumped around a lot.