View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 08:50 AM
Casey Melchionno

Yes agreed the auction letters are horrible. Especially for the reason I mentioned to you the other day. When dealing with auction letters for high end items, proceed with extreme caution. If the auction house really cared about the buyer and has nothing to hide, then they should use all Full LOA's when dealing with valuable items. I believe Huggins started using all full LOA's for this reason. Buyers don't pay as much for an auction letter. very risky

Also I understand your frustration with the disagreement over the 3 instances you experienced. I have been through similar experiences myself. But I feel those situations are a little different because they rejected the items, rather than passed them and found out they were wrong later. Even they might tell you the autographs may very well be authentic they are failing, they just did not feel confident enough in them to pass them at that particular point in time. When dealing with high end autographs that are going to be eye balled by everybody, I think that makes sense. If they have any doubt at all, they probably just fail it. Especially if they are at a "show" and are on a time-clock. They are not going to sit there at a show and think about any one item when they have all of that stuff to get through in that one day.