View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 11:47 AM
Jonathan Sterling

Since you are looking for advice on cards to invest my suggestion would be to look backwards and see what cards dramatically increased and when. What you are likely to see is that when popular cards in top condition tend to rise when the folks who collected them as kids were able to afford them as adults. I always liked cards from the 1930's And collecting them I met mostly collectors older than me (I am 56) and when I watched men who collected Goudey's as kids talk about them I was jealous. I liked them but those guys loved them. For me 1969 was the set Always loved that set. My son and Daughter did not get bit by collector bug. But them and all their friends know what a Jordan rookie is and A Ken Griffey. And they definitely know what a Jeter Rookie is. Combination of players people watch and have strong memories of and cards that were out of reach to most kids is a powerful force. So cards of Altuve who is champion of the small guy or Mike Trout ..Aaron Judge (maybe) look and see when your kids eyes light up when the see a player hit a Homer or make a great catch. And then light up same way when they see his Rookie card. Then you will know what to put away for them. Those old guys trading Goudey' s never lost that light. Guess that's what makes adult collectors.