View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 06:53 AM
Marty

Thanks for the info on the Rose and Ryan - based on everything I know and have seen, it would make sense that neither of these figures was produced.

How about a card for Cedeno, Brett, Clemente or Munson? If any of these exist, I would think it would most likely be the Cedeno, as that is the only figure of the 4 that actually looks like it was manufactured as part of the original Signature Miniature set. Does the 2010 Standarad Catalog list a card and a statue for all 24 players?

I made a quick stop back at my mom's over the weekend (spinning through to fetch my daughter from a summer camp) and I found it interesting that the McCovey figures we have appear to have been manufactured to remove the Signature Miniature engraving on the bottom - almost as if they either soldered a thin layer of pewter over it or scraped it out. Again, I remember the McCovey being touch and go as far as getting it and getting the broken one replaced - I think it was the last one that we were able to get with a card, so I am thinking the company was just about belly up when they started making McCovey. I also looked quickly at the others, and one of Brett, Clemente, or Munson had a different company name on the bottom. All three had the player name in a box just like the orginal series, so they definitely look to have been an attempt at continuing the series, but all three were larger than the others. The Clementes were very odd looking, as the depth dimensions were not proportional. Looking head on, they don't look as odd, but from the side they look to be about half the depth they should have been.

Last edited by laughlinfan; 08-16-2011 at 07:12 AM.