View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 08:09 AM

Default Ben Franklin Not Authentic

I am the unfortunate person who bought the Ben Franklin and wanted to sell it to help pay my wife's medical bills. We purchased it from Antiquities in Las Vegas in 2017 with every assurance from them that it was a real signature, complete with a backstory as to why it was a fragment of a document. We had never bought anything like that before and completely trusted that we were getting something genuine. We are not the kind of people who spend this kind of money on a regular basis - we bought it to share with children at a school for the underprivileged. After learning that it might not be real, I began doing the kind of due diligence that the impulse purchase didn't allow. I read about how someone bought a guitar supposedly signed by the Rolling Stones at the Las Vegas store and found it was not genuine but how for a while they really enjoyed it. This was our story - we thought we had something really special. I just sent a copy of some of the comments from this thread to Antiquities to try and get our money back based on the guarantee they provide. It states "should the autograph ever be proven not to be authentic and is documented in writing by a certified handwriting expert" they will refund our money. Does anyone have any experience with this company actually refunding money and can anyone direct me towards an expert who won't cost too much?