View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 07:34 PM
Manny
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by akleinb611 View Post
Hello everyone. I'm a long time collector and I've recently been digging through some long-neglected boxes of stuff I've picked up over the years.
One lot I've rediscovered is a bunch of autographed material I picked up over twenty years ago. I had pulled, catalogued and kept the more attractive stuff (signed gum cards and PC's), but a lot of cuts and oddball items remained in the box until now. Notably, I've pulled out a quantity of team sheets - pieces of paper or card stock autographed by anywhere from four to a dozen players. All of them date to about 1962 or 1963. While the obvious stuff (Mantle, Maris, Clemente etc) has been pulled, there's still a lot of good material. Anyway, here is a 6x9 piece of notebook paper with five Pittsburgh Pirates signatures. I can make out Smokey Burgess, Don Schwall, Jim Pagliaroni and Joe Gibbon easily enough, but I'm stumped by the one in the middle. Ted something? Anybody recognize this?

WARNING - I may be posting more of these things as my ability to decipher 55-year old signatures hits an occasional snag. In the meantime, thanks everybody!

Alan Kleinberger
Definitely Ted Savage. Look at the "e" and "d" in Ted.