View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 09:08 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Very cool Butch. Beyond my interest or skill set but very cool

And agreed love to see photos when done.

Just curious how did you get into it? Your father? Or someone in family? School?
My dad was an ET for JHU-APL. He helped build early satellites for them in the 60’s. Pictures are crazy on how they built them then verses now.

I have always been around RF of some sort since my teens. CB in the 70’s, I was a ground radio repair tech in the Air Force and a Satellite Controller/Maintainer for better part of my career.

And now I am a network geek and am still working RF with wireless networks.

I picked this keyer up on Ebay. I had watched this person sending code with a bug and it piqued an interest. Bugs have a certain melody when someone sends code really well on them.

https://youtu.be/2a4scmlC7tI

So, I went looking and found this one at a nice price. It was made in 1945 based on the serial number. It sort of looks like it has been stored in an attic since then.

I have been a Ham since 85 and am just getting back into the hobby after a very long delay. Now, whether I relearn code is to be determined at this point, But getting this keyer cleaned up and looking good again may just get me to catch the ‘bug’. Pardon the pun. And thanks for asking.

Butch

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.