View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Marc S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeck View Post
I would not bother with any of the auction houses unless you had an incredible low population card. I think Ebay is your best bet after grading Goudeys, Batter-Ups and Sports Kings as you can set whatever level you would like and not have to worry about selling to cheap,or you can just let them go at whatever the market bears. 33 Goudey Ruths actually can do better on Ebay then with the major houses. I just bought a beautiful PSA 5 33 Ruth from Huggins and Scott (they described it perfectly to their credit) under SMR with the premium which rarely ever happens on ebay. The 33 Goudey market and The Batter-Ups are very soft right now and giving them to an auction house,especially in bulk lots will not maximize your dollars. They will probably just end up in some dealer's inventory

I think Ebay charges about 9% in selling fees, which is not much less than consigning, particularly if you negotiate down. Also, on Ebay, unless you have a good selling history and noted DSRs, you may not attract a good set of bidders. I do not think Ebay is the best avenue here unless you are already a Power Seller. I would recommend consignment.