View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Default Brian Cataquet (tobeeecat)

Posted By: David Vargha

Leon -- This guy needs to be called out! I made the mistake of purchasing a raw card from this self-promoter extraordinaire and master of the "Cap Lock" style of auction writing . . . I won the card from him on eBay and it was altered, so I asked him for a refund.

Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:45 AM

This card came back from SGC as having been altered by color being added. Please advise what I need to do to get a refund -- thanks! - David

Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 15:44:39 -0400

I AM AN EXPERT AND THE CARD ISN'T ALTERED!!

Well, I am waiting to get the card back from SGC. "Experts" aren't perfect whether they work for a grading company or if they don't. I never ran it under a black light, but I will when it returns. On the slim chance that you did miss this one, how would you want to handle the return?

David

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 6:31 PM

Brian -- Attached are the two scans of the card (front and back) from SGC. There is only one tiny area on part of a crease that is colored, but the card is definitely altered as it shows up under a black light. Now I realize that this likely happened years before you ever even acquired it, so I am not accusing you of anything in any way. All I am asking for is a refund of the price paid. Please let me know the best way to accomplish this. Thanks.

David Vargha

8/21/06 (via eBay):

Hellloooo!!!!!!!! Answer my e-mails or . . . ?

Almost immediately:

RETURN THE CARD AND DO NOT BID IN ANY MORE OF MY AUCTIONS!!

Well, I did send him back the card per his instructions USPS insured with delivery confirmation for my protection. Here is the status of the delivery:

Label/Receipt Number: 0304 1560 0006 9423 1619

Your item was returned to the sender on October 11, 2006 because it was not claimed by the addressee.

I telephoned this rip-off artist and he didn't return my call either. I have spoken with several collectors who have similar horror stories. I am only posting this here as a warning after exhausting all efforts to legitimately handle this between Brian and me. Thanks for listening to my venting.

(Title Edited)

DavidVargha@hotmail.com