View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 08:14 PM
Howard Chasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by docpatlv View Post
Day 7

I guess I just have a hard time paying for a card that is readily available. I'd rather spend more for the rare items.
I am 1000% with you on that one Mike. Still need to fill in most of the regular issue Topps cards in my master set. Interestingly his rookie was the first card I purchased of Clemente back around 1980 - it was the beginning of my Clemente collection. Yes, I still have it and I don't think I want to have it graded - probably purchase a different one for my master set!

So the image below at first glance looks like a 1967 Topps pinup. When you look a little closer - it is actually printed on sticker stock similar to the 1967 Pirate Test Stickers and 1968 Action all star stickers. It also is missing a number. I have had it under high magnification and shown it to numerous people - it is not a copy , but an original and no one has been able to say they have ever seen another - likely a one of a kind prototype during Topps experimental days!! I have not had the autograph looked at for authenticity. I have posted it before, but believe it is most at home in this thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 67 Test sticker.jpg (36.3 KB, 1486 views)