View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Default "From CYoung to....Sayonara"....Craig Nettles (ca 1979)

Posted By: T206Collector

If you care enough about Vintage Baseball cards to be a regular contributor to this Board, then you probably can get pretty easily insulted when someone suggests that you're an idiot for spending thousands of dollars on getting your cards graded when you could use that money to buy raw cards.

It is the lack of respect for people's collecting choices that drive people mad, and make people respond in ways that, I am sure, are insulting to the instigator.

If you collect raw, so be it, if you collect graded, so be it, and if you collect super high minty graded, so be it. But if you insult someone for their fundamental collecting beliefs, then you are likely going to get it thrown back at you.

I have run into big time troubles with both Ted Z (who prefers raw) and Jim C (who prefers PSA 8), because I felt it necessary to stick up for myself when I was being called an idiot by both. And, both failed to acknowledge that their initial positions were insulting to me and others, choosing instead to focus on the responses that their initial insensitive posts caused.

For whatever its worth, it is a shame that Ted Z could not recognize the context of this dialog, and will be pulling his substantial knowledge of T206 cards with him. He might not have had the only ball to play with on the block, but it will be difficult to find another one like it, now that he's taken his ball and gone home.