View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Scott Mt. Joy

I use both and have been overall happy with them. If I had to choose one it would be SGC mainly based on accuracy and consistency of grading the cards I collect, exhibits. They both make mistakes but I have seen far more exhibit mistakes by PSA than SGC. I was involved with an ebay seller who was selling 8 high grade PSA exhibits a year ago that were all fake, I also own a fake PSA graded exhibit from 2 years ago that I just held onto because I only had $20 bucks into it. I have never seen one of these fakes graded by SGC and hope not to as its far to easy to tell them apart. I have also seen way too many times PSA messes up the years on exhibits, this has been to my benefit a number of times as I buy them then cross them over to the correct year, its usually 1923-24's listed as 1921's and 1926 listed as 1925, 1927, or 1928. In 7 years I have purchased over 10 of these and seen double that number mis graded by PSA, in the same time frame I might have seen only 3-4 from SGC, big difference.

I am concerned with all the recent turnover and lack of merger announcements over at SGC and really hope it improves in the near future, I do still believe they have the top graders and at the end of the day that is most important to me.

Last edited by smtjoy; 08-24-2011 at 02:30 PM.