View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Rich Klein

Default I hope they will be satisfield

With sales of 1,000 or less copies.

Frankly, a book such as this is so fragmanted in today's hobby that unless you understand that the book will not come close to 10,000 copies or you are williing to deep deep discount the book immediatley --- there is no reason for this book to be done by F&W

I understand that book print runs may be secret by nature, but WE on this board are the readers for this tome and look even the SCD sub level is probably under 10K now and if you figure that 10 percent of that readership would purchase this book, we're back at the 1,000 level.

There is nothing wrong with "printing like this" but understand that the groundswell will not exist.

I wrote several messages before the standard catalog came out this year about my projections and I'll wager that I'm dead on. I saw the ad from F&W selling the book direct to the public at about $19 a couple of weeks ago. Which of course brings up the issue, why publish to wholesale out your own door.

Trust me, I would have loved to have tried to do something like this at beckett, but there is no mass appeal to this book.

Figure the best way to do this book, color laden photos, good glossy paper, basically a coffee table book and hope that you sell enough at $39.95 because of the quality in the book.

Regards
Rich