View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Tony Davis

Default yuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
Ok, so what I don't get it is that if you shill bid and become the winning high bidder, eBay is charging you 10% fvf. That is an expensive game to play IMO. Am I missing something in this discussion?

Jeff
I think that you are allowed to cancel a transaction. The cancelation doesn't show up in any VCP/Cardtarget data, but the buyer/seller discreetly say that the transaction is null and everyone gets back their fees. Wait a few months, and try and sell it again. That's what so concerning about these cards popping up over and over again by the same seller. If I am a consigner, and I sell a card for someone, then I should know it is gone. If the consigner then brings the card back to me to sell again, then I know a. that something is up with the consigner and he's shilling his auctions or b. I'm canceling the transaction and listing at a future date.

That's the great thing about this board and how every little discrepancy is pointed out. Keep these threads coming! Like others have said here, I had no clue that these things were happening until I read it on here. I've purchased items from these guys in the past, and I wonder how many times I've been shilled!!! No more...