Thread: 4 Sharp Corners
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 04:00 AM
Scott B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
I can assure you, after almost 40 years of collecting, I ONLY pay what I want, and certainly not what any card seller wants to charge me. If a price does not fit my needs, I pass and harbor NO hard feelings towards the seller as I am not here to gouge everyone. IMO, a buyer and seller not agreeing on a price is just part of this hobby. My guess is that most of the folks on this board take the same approach

The difference between you and me is I do not hold grudges towards a seller because we were unable to agree on a price on one deal.....then again, most of the cards I collect are not a "dime a dozen", so I realize that if a current deal could not be struck, there will likely be more opportunities in the future . I guess this approach just comes with maturity.
It's not a grudge. it is just business. If you make a reasonable offer and it is refused, you will figure that the store you are buying from does not negotiate. The price is the price. If you always barter to get a price you want, and the seller does not negotiate why even bother buying from them, they obviously don't want your business unless it is on their terms. I don't have time to create an offer over and over only to have it be refused, I just move on.

But what really made me think that this seller does not negotiate, other than the refusal they gave, was that all the cards I wanted except one were from the junk wax era. The offer was a small discount, for cards that are super easy to find and much harder to sell, yet still no acceptance. It kinda blew my mind actually. Wouldn't it have surprised you as well? So, on to the next seller.