View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 06:47 PM
Curt

Cool

Said just about everyone ever trying to sell something

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
I'm a little surprised those quotes are that "low." At that, I'd rather just keep it. Which makes me think a serious collector would pay more.
In all seriousness, I would agree with most that already commented that the value comes from splitting up and selling to folks that want one or a few of the keys. The bulk of signatures in books like this wouldn't make most collectors look twice. I suppose there may be some sentimental value for a book like this, but honestly, a bunch of otherwise random signatures as a group is not all that meaningful to most.

I personally think the worst part of splitting up a book like this is the destroying of some good signatures to harvest better ones when they are signed too close together or when the signatures intertwine with each other slightly. Keeping a single page in those cases would have saved them. I hate those old autographs from books that were cut around the signature in the exact shape of the autograph itself. Not quite to that extreme, but close...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5824_01_lg.jpg (69.5 KB, 144 views)