Thread: Glenn Frey
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 09:09 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravos4evr View Post
I used to think he was a cool guy until I saw that 3 hour documentary on the Eagles on Netflix. He , (and to a lesser extent Henley) come off as extremely arrogant, self important and...well, frankly, a-holes.
Nick: I have to disagree. I always assumed Frey was a horse's ass. And I won't argue he was easy to deal with. But my take away from the documentary was that he was a very astute businessman and was the one who stepped forward to manage things. And I think the others realized what he was doing and came around to it after a while. They were all ankle (at least) deep in blow and other bad habits for many years, and Glenn stepped forward to play the role of the quarterback. Someone had to throw people out of the group etc when it was warranted. Be the heavy. Sometimes be the a-hole. Not always popular but he did what had to be done, and in the process saved the group from what was numerous hot personalities and sometimes very unstable individuals. That was my take away from the documentary, which is incredible if anyone hasn't seen it. Was on Showtime on demand and probably still is.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 01-22-2017 at 09:12 AM.