View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post

It’s an interesting theory Ted and I think it’s as good as any but I think it’s dangerous and a bit early to say case closed. There is also no way for you to say case closed either if you’re being honest. We just don’t know enough about this card or Mr. Planks views on his inserts let alone his motives if he had any at all regarding these.
John

OK, your argument questions whether Connie Mack and/or Eddie Plank were anti-tobacco. Furthermore, you are skeptical that they did not want their images associated
with tobacco (cigarettes). Fine....so what is your theory why Mack's and Plank's images are not featured in the T3, T201, T202, T205, T213, T214, or T215 sets ?
Seriously, why the T206 Plank card was yanked early in the game (similarly to the Wagner card) ? And, the fact that most of the Plank's were shipped out of Factory #30.
Do you "dig" the significance of why that is so ?

Instead of "slamming" my theory's, present your explanation for why these two major-Major League figures of that era were not printed in any of those 7 ATC sets ? ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post

Ted, there are more exceptions to consider than T204. There is T216, T208, and Punch Cigars etc.
T208

Just a reminder, the Cullivan's Fireside set was printed from the images in the E104 (Candy) cards.

T216

Just a reminder, the T216's were printed from the images in the American Caramel sets.

TED Z