View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 05:09 PM
H Murphy

It seems as though the G O A T discussion as of late more often than not comes down to Brady and A Rodgers. Rodgers can make any type of throw at any time and is the most talented QB I`ve ever seen. Brady has the best understanding and feel for the game of any player I`ve seen. What sets Brady apart from all the rest in my opinion is his complete devotion, on and off the field, to his team winning the championship. In a strange way, documented in an upcoming 6 part series, he seems to eat/sleep/obssess his craft almost 24 hours a day. This attitude and realizing if you want to win you don`t have to be even among the top say 15 highest payed QB`s has led to stronger teams and unequaled longevity. Hey it`s a lot easier to do when the queen`s bringing in another 30+ million a year also.
The final piece to the puzzle is of course Belichick and to a much lessor degree but still, Bob Kraft. Being sports fans we all know and appreciate how tough (basically impossible) it is to be a pro. player in this country in the "Big 4" leagues. To do what Brady/The Pats have done the stars have to align sort ta speak. Brady lasts to pick # 199, mostly luck N E got him. Bel. carries 4 QB`s for some time which is now never done. Bledsoe gets smoked playing the J E T S the "Tuck Rule" etc etc etc. But the coach and this player are the same guy in their approach to the game that met at exactly the right time.
Well my 2 cents and pardon the long winded response, combo of coffee/nite shifts and the N E winter. So, Rodgers as THE most talented and Brady as the best over all. On a side note some of my buddies and I love to play the "what if Belichick coached "fill in the blank" team. Try it with G B, Dallas or Pitts, fun discussions.