View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
A couple years ago I was blissfully unaware of ticket stubs. Now I always saved my own stubs but did not buy anyone else's . Then I posted a 500 HR autograph collection and a board member suggested that a stub from a HR game would look nice mounted next to the autographed card. And I was introduced to ticket collecting. Now I collect 500 HR related stubs and 3000 hit related stubs. Arod was the first player I was able to find a first hit 3000th hit and last hit stubs for. I recently got them signed and will frame them up shortly.
So my question for this thread is I see many collectors going after first game stubs. Which are nice ..but I tend to prefer first hit stubs which are not always first game. In Arod' s case first hit was second game. Because milestones like 3000 hits start with the first hit 500 HR start with homer number 1 etc. Anyone else collect firsts?
Jonathan,
Many collectors do, in fact, collect firsts. This is a very common collecting theme. First hit, first HR, first strikeout, first win, first game at a baseball stadium, etc., etc., etc. The same is true of lasts, IMHO.

That's what's so fun about collecting tickets; there are more than enough themes to chase!