View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 06:35 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE...How do you collect T206's: Graded or Ungraded ?...show us your cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
Hi Ted, When I wrote the post, I was trying to find the right words because even when I read it back, it wasn't that clear. In your previous post you said that you are working on a Master Sovereign set and that the Print Group 1 350's are a work in progress. That basically answers my question. Your Sovereign set was built with Print Group 1 150's first. So, same question for the Sweet Caporals. If the same card comes in a 150 and 350 or a 350 and a 460, how did you choose? Was it a mix or were 150/350 cards all 150 Subjects. I just read what I just typed and it's still kinda confusing
Ron....very clear, now I get it.

You can call me a "perfectionist", because I was determined to first get the "150 Subjects" backs for all the 150/350 series cards in the PIEDMONT, SOVEREIGN, and SWEET CAP sets.
It was fairly easy to do with the PIEDMONT and SWEET CAP sets. With one exception, I waited many years to acquire the Eddie Plank card with a SWEET CAP 150, Factory #30 back.
For as you know, the majority of the available Plank cards have the SC 350 back.

However, it was a real challenge with the SOVEREIGN set. There are a number of subjects in the 150 series of this set, which were short-printed with SOVEREIGN 150 backs. Examples
that immediately come to mind are Flick and Wiltse (these two guys were the last ones of which I found their "150 Subjects" back. For a long time, Flick and Wiltse were in my set with "350 Subjects" backs And, that really "bugged" me

Anyhow, I'm not interested in trying for a master PIEDMONT, or SWEET CAPORAL (Fac. #30) sets. The SOVEREIGN set, though, is another story as I need to get 476 cards to complete
the "master". Currently, I have 444 cards.

TED Z