View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004, 11:30 PM
Administrator

Default Ending Ebay Auctions Early

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Just for the record I have never ended and auction early that had a bid on it. I laugh at most of the off site offers, i recently turned down a guy that offered me my minimum bid to end early (got a big laugh out of that) and gave me a very fair offer for 2 other cards, but that first offer really turned me sour to anything this guy offered and told him if he was interested to bid in the auctions. By the way nnone of the cards had a bid.
As far as reserved pricing I have never used it as a seller, I feel it is too expensive. I also feel that posting the reserve is just foolish, why not just start the auction at the reserve? As a buyer I rarely bid on them if the reserve has not been met, I feel too many times they are a waste of time.

The bottom line for me is that I personally do not like the practice but it is used on ebay like it or not. I am not a big fan of the practice, but I have never found a card I just had to have to and make an offer off line.

One question for you that have your black books, How do you know that the seller is actually selling the card offline and does not have a legitimate excuse? This is no knock to your practice, just curious? I also have a black list of sellers I will not bid with. I even have one guy that has me on his blocked list after I returned a trimmed T206 back to him, I guess he didn't like guys that knew what they were dealing with. Heck it saved me spending more money with him.

Be Good

Lee