View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 12:46 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

I look at it 2 groups. The registry guys and other like me that just collect what they like.
The registry thing has/had a huge impact i think, people want to be #1 and thus prices surge in order to acheive their goal or agenda to acheive that. These are the guys that basically buy the grade, not the card. Unitl SGC or Beckett develop something like what PSA, its PSA to lose. If and when the others do, it may be another boom in the market, the TPG then also could see more demand in crossovers perhap as well. If someone has a stonghold on the #1 spot on PSA, they essentially could move to SGC and be #1 there. In which case, it opens an argument which is better? #1 on PSA or #1 on SGC.

The other groups:
I collect what i like. Either it been Mickey Mantle or what i collect now, which is post-war Hof'ers. (i also got 2 t206 Cobbs)
I think i collected these card, becasue of these were the names to collect when i and you grew up. Names like Gehrig, Dimaggio, Mantle, Mays, Aaron, Banks, Paige.
The veterans on this more, more tend to older guys like Ruth, Cobb, Wagner.
But to tell ya, over the year i am growing to love these pre-war cars as well.
This is perhaps a reason some fav's like Ruth are driving prices up. He is iconic still this day.