Thread: January Pickups
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 03:28 AM
Bill Gregory

John, those '55 Topps cards are great. Definitely one of my favorite Topps sets. Congrats on getting close to your goal. All you lack now is my favorite card from the set!!

It's funny, a month ago, I had no idea who Jackie Jensen was. I made a point to start reading about him. Can't believe he pretty much gave up his career because of a fear of flying.

Greg-My dad was a huge Cubs fan growing up, so naturally, even though I'm a Brewers fan, I can't root against the Cubbies. I developed a soft spot for them. Ernie was such a great player, and he's a true class act. And he has a very genuine love for the game, much like me. I used to say "let's play two" when I was a kid on the diamond, and nobody else knew what I was referencing. So, I of course taught them.

Bob, you know I don't think I've ever seen a Bazooka gum card before. That's a nice card you've got there.

What a 1-2 punch the Dodgers had back then with Koufax and Drysdale. And if Sandy could have held out for just a little longer, the Dodgers would have had a 1-4 punch of Koufax, Drysdale, Don Sutton and Claude Osteen.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.