View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
Disagree.
1. Mantle has a strong fan base among the same age group as Brady's fan base. Mantle has already shown the ability to be relevant to generations that never saw him play.

2. This could change very easily when Brady retires. Will he be able to stay in the limelight or will he be forgotten for the next hot rookie of SB MVP? Will he sign at card shows like Mantle did for years?

3. NFL is more popular now, but NFL cards are by far the least collected of the 3 main sports. Also, the NFL could easily lose its popularity. The kneeling during the national anthem has hurt its popularity. The problems with CTE threatens the game long term.
Rebuttal to the 2 and 3 points.
With point 2. Tom Brady will never have to sign card shows as Brady made way more money than the Mick.
with point 3 the Super Bowl destroys the World Series in the TV ratings, in fact most regular NFL games destroy the WS in the TV ratings.
Tom Brady right now is the king and most popular sports figure in all of American sports. I honestly don't think the Mick has a chance against Tom Brady with future generations. I would be selling my Mickey Mantles key cards now to load up on Tom Brady key cards.

Last edited by MRSPORTSCARDCOLLECTOR; 12-28-2019 at 02:41 AM.