View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Default I think we all knew this already

Posted By: Jason

newer cards are just like the American automobile!!!
one of the finest lessons one can learn about personal finance is to not buy new cars....never thought about it, but it turns out the same can be said for baseball cards!!!
I'm almost 35 now, and I identify with several of these posted memories about the 1980s, the wax packs, the gum, etc...I hope some of it comes back and becomes more affordable to attract the kids again...because I want lots of folks around in 30 years that are interested in what I may want to sell!

Just to give you some perspective on my level of addictive and anal retentive personality, I have very fond and vivid memories of sitting on the family room floor after attending a card show, having just bought 2 boxes of 1987 Topps rack packs...I was excited not just by the amount of cards I was about to open, but also about the prospect of cracking some packing patterns that I thought might exist in those packs...sure enough, I wrote down all the sequences, and to this day, I can tell you what the next 3 cards are under the top card under any rack pack cello for the most worthless year of Topps baseball cards ever printed!!!!
Good times.....great lessons learned...