View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperguy View Post
I sometimes write out over 100 checks in one sitting to my officiating staff. My signature changes dramatically from #1 to #100 as my hand gets tired, time becomes an issue, distractions (a Cub victory), etc. It drastically changes from the first check in the pad (with a backing of 29 other checks) to the last check in pad that has relatively no backing. It seems difficult at the very least to think that anyone can say if a signature is real without witnessing it.
Although the overall signature may not look the same, there are consistent characteristics that never vary.

It always amuses me that you card guys constantly harp on the "impossibility" of determining an autograph's authenticity, as if the problem exists there and there only.

Every valuable collectible is forged or counterfeited. The skill and resources brought to bear are in direct proportion to the collectible's value.

If you really believe that no extremely high-end card has been successfully counterfeited, you're living in a dreamworld.