View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Default How do you feel seeing your photos used for profit?

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

JC,

First of all, you're blessed to have such a dilema. If people are using images from your web site it basically is a compliment with regard to your collection. With that said, I suppose it would be nice to have people ask permission before using the images. I can't imagine that there is much profit/money to be made off of articles on baseball cards or the hobby in general. Perhaps I'm naive. Now, if people were using images to promote their own website in an effort to make a profit from the hobby, then I'd be a bit unhappy about the situation and I'd ask the person to not use the image for that purpose.

Feel lucky that you are in such a position because it means that people admire your collection. I for one am one of those people!

Everyone, have a Happy New Year and be thankful for what we each have. Some of us don't have much be we appreciate what we do have. I would like to thank everyone that shares their collection with the collecting community. It makes this hobby that much more enjoyable.