View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Default How do you feel seeing your photos used for profit?

Posted By: Jim Clarke

Rc, on the Donovan card that was won on Ebay. I would think that after the postcard was purchased in 1908,that the new owner could do anything they wanted with it... Mail it, tack it on the wall, sell it, or even post it on the e-net. If I bought a new car from Ford and drove it around for awhile, and then decided to sell it. Would I have to get permission from Ford first to promote my sale? Would they get a part of my proceeds?

Another issue here. If someone has a high profile card that newly gets graded by one of the BIG 3 grading companies. Does the grading company have a right to profit on the cards image by selling it to another company??? Since I have never gone thru the grading process, I do not know if there a waiver form you sign?

I have a couple of cards that are not in the big book and are un-cataloged. I do not want them to be published. I would think people like Frank and Leon have many cards like this that have more value to them being a question mark to people rather then being another card in a set to check off the list....

JC