View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Larry Harris
Banned

well,
this in a common practice among the carriers. they know people for the most part don't check their bills. so, let's say 1 out of 1000 checks the bill. well that's 999 in the carriers pockets. it's called slamming in the industry. i've written letters to my states attroney general and to fcc in dc. well guess what, no action taken and they know about the practice. just put a gun in my back and say stick up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetwoohsix View Post
Well Leon, there was an article in The Review Journal (local newspaper) about how both satelite & cable providers were raising their rates- that they had to pass the rate hike on to the customers !!

I have all of my services through cable, and for quite a while, they were charging me for 1 3-way phone call per month. My wife and I do not ever make three way calls. When I first noticed it, and contacted them, they claimed that this happens when I hang up and dial another call too fast

They also said they have no way to block the three way calls thing. So, each month I'd call them to have them remove it- it felt so petty for $1.99 or whatever it was, but it was the principle. Imagine if they do it to 1 million people each month, and say, only 50% notice it !!

Finally, I had enough of it- called them and told them I was tired of this (blah blah blah) and to my suprise- they guy tells me "I'll just go ahead and block the 3-way calls" !!!

Thanks for letting me rant with you

Sincerely, Clayton