View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default update

So I knew when I started this thread I was not going to just let this crap go. The first situation was some freaking Mcafee auto-renewal I was unaware of. I guess I signed up for it and forgot. Last year was $69.99 for 3 users and my auto renewal this year was $99.99 for the same thing. No problem. I called them this morning and canceled the auto renewal aspect of the issue and then also canceled my current one. Net savings- $99.99. I will use some free A/V software that is probably better anyway.

The next was my Dallas Morning News newspaper subscription. I only take it on the weekends anyway and last year it was $162. Well, for $3 a week I decided it was fine. Now, for this year I got a notice in the mail saying it is now $209 for the same subscription. That isn't worth it to me. So I called them and said that, in light of the increase in rates, I want to cancel the whole thing. They said, well, what if we give it to you for the same rate as last year? I said ok and please send me a new bill. Net savings about $45.

Whatever comes next, I will deal with the same way. I am sick and tired of everyone taking advantage of people that won't call and bitch. I don't mind paying a fair rate for stuff but all of the increases have got to go, one way or another. regards\

edited to add- On one of the very first posts, concerning Direct TV. I called back a few days later and told them I would take their $20 a month loyalty discount offer for the next 6 mos. Net savings $120. (they had it in the system already from my previous call when I was pissed and hung up...so, I decided to call back and take it ) ......and still no contract so if I want to change, with no penalty, I still can....

Last edited by Leon; 03-17-2011 at 02:52 PM.